Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge wants to come back with the Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Most muscle cars actually ran 3 speed powerglides, etc, as they were stronger for drag racing.
    The powerglide was GM tranny...and it was a 2 speed Here is a link to more info on them
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Prius needs to know: gas will NOT become cheaper in the long term....EVER.

I know it won't get any cheaper, so why drive Gas guzzlers and drive it up any farther?
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I know it won't get any cheaper, so why drive Gas guzzlers and drive it up any farther?
    If it's not going to get any cheaper, why waste money on something which can save gas. You should be really enjoying the last throws of it.

And anyway, it's not as if it's THAT expensive in the US, you guys have still got it (Comparitively) good.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    If it's not going to get any cheaper, why waste money on something which can save gas.
    Your logic defies me ...

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Your logic defies me ...
    allow me to explain.

Gas is not going to get any cheaper, thats something we all agree with.

Well why not now, before it gets any higher, get all of the gas-guzzling musclecars that you have in your system out, so that when the time comes finally that we all have to move into alternate fuel systems, we can remember this as a golden age in automotive.

Contrary to the scare mongering tactics, there is enough oil for the forseeable future (Around 20-50 years worth of reserves) and in that time if car makers and Petrol companies can get their stuff together and create a viable alternate source of fuel, then we can all be happy.

especially motoring enthusiasts.

Maybe if you read the whole paragraph it will make sense......
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

allow me to explain.

Gas is not going to get any cheaper, thats something we all agree with.

Well why not now, before it gets any higher, get all of the gas-guzzling musclecars that you have in your system out, so that when the time comes finally that we all have to move into alternate fuel systems, we can remember this as a golden age in automotive.

Contrary to the scare mongering tactics, there is enough oil for the forseeable future (Around 20-50 years worth of reserves) and in that time if car makers and Petrol companies can get their stuff together and create a viable alternate source of fuel, then we can all be happy.

especially motoring enthusiasts.
    it's not the muscle cars i'mn worried about, I can deal with them, It's the godamn SUVS. Why do you need a Ford Excursion if you are a Soccermom. it's slow, ugly, biig, it sucks up all your money. I see families taking 3rdd graders to school in Tahoes, AND THE DAMN GM AASSHOLES SUPPORT TAKING YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL IN A SUV, I WANT THEM TO DIE! Gm needs to stop the Suv shit, before it comes to take a huge bite out of their butt. (ex, they coming colse to bankrupsy because people find the value in sedans again)

it's not the muscle cars i'mn worried about, I can deal with them, It's the godamn SUVS. Why do you need a Ford Excursion if you are a Soccermom. it's slow, ugly, biig, it sucks up all your money. I see families taking 3rdd graders to school in Tahoes, AND THE DAMN GM AASSHOLES SUPPORT TAKING YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL IN A SUV, I WANT THEM TO DIE! Gm needs to stop the Suv shit, before it comes to take a huge bite out of their butt. (ex, they coming colse to bankrupsy because people find the value in sedans again)
    So your angry at GM.....In a thread dedicated to a Daimler Chrysler Car?

Seriously Prius.......

We live in a Consumer-Driven society, Need has nothing to do with it, it's all about want and desire. and rightly so.

Technically we all don't NEED a sports car, doesn't stop us from wanting one, does it?

So your angry at GM.....In a thread dedicated to a Daimler Chrysler Car?

Seriously Prius.......

We live in a Consumer-Driven society, Need has nothing to do with it, it's all about want and desire. and rightly so.

Technically we all don't NEED a sports car, doesn't stop us from wanting one, does it?
    What he said, and.. if you were the head of GM and saw the American over-whelming desire for an SUV, would you rather line your pockets with money, or try to save yourself gas.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

but what i'm saying is that, it is already bad enough, they don't need to endorse it, they already are lining themselves with money (well not anymore, they are in Junk bond status now because American woke up somewhat), how about showing SUVS hauling and doing dirtywork than driving kids to school, make them look tough, not wossy.

but what i'm saying is that, it is already bad enough, they don't need to endorse it, they already are lining themselves with money (well not anymore, they are in Junk bond status now because American woke up somewhat), how about showing SUVS hauling and doing dirtywork than driving kids to school, make them look tough, not wossy.
    Again, telling people what they should drive because it's more efficient is a stupid way of going about things.

What needs to happen if people are serious about saving fuel is to either make SUV's unattractive or to make them more fuel efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Maybe if you read the whole paragraph it will make sense......
    Maybe you presume too much, as I can read, and did. Essentially, the implied gist was 'why waste money on something that will save money'. An oxymoron

However IBrake did offer the courtesy of posting a reasoned response. Thanks for that Imho I don't think that predictions of ever-rising fuel costs are mere scaremongering. There may well be 20~50 years of petrol left. But by then perhaps only kings and dynasts could afford it, as rising demand for a finite resource always equates to rising prices. The 'get in now' pov only exacibates this inexorable trend, which leads to the conclusion that it's the right time to 'get out now' .. or for us plebs to at least begin to reduce one's personal exposure to rising oil prices. And as an Aussie you'd likely be aware of the impending ramifications via global warming

I'm lucky, already got the muscle car itch out of my system. And old enough to remember what previous fuel crunches did my wallet .. and to muscle car resale. In the larger scheme of things, advanced nations require themselves to further control and inhibit demand (price rises) to wean themselves off the dirty oil teat, and to generally convert industry and infrastructure over to non-fossil .. while they can still afford to do so

I think this site below is worth exploring
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Maybe scaremongering (maybe not) but within it contains links to seemingly credible info
    eg: http://www.odac-info.org/bulletin/do...se16-11-04.pdf

Dodge, you lost your credibility on remaking cars the charger was supposed to be a 2 door coupe instead you made it a 300C clone. I'm going to start a petition to stop all cars from being remade because (pardon me) the latest ones have been some of the ugliest **** ups i've seen in a while
    Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races

Hillary duff is, not quite old enough so, i ain't never seen a butt like that, maybe next year i'll say ass and she'll make my pee pee go DOING DOING DOING-eminem

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Maybe you presume too much, as I can read, and did. Essentially, the implied gist was 'why waste money on something that will save money'. An oxymoron

However IBrake did offer the courtesy of posting a reasoned response. Thanks for that Imho I don't think that predictions of ever-rising fuel costs are mere scaremongering. There may well be 20~50 years of petrol left. But by then perhaps only kings and dynasts could afford it, as rising demand for a finite resource always equates to rising prices. The 'get in now' pov only exacibates this inexorable trend, which leads to the conclusion that it's the right time to 'get out now' .. or for us plebs to at least begin to reduce one's personal exposure to rising oil prices. And as an Aussie you'd likely be aware of the impending ramifications via global warming

I'm lucky, already got the muscle car itch out of my system. And old enough to remember what previous fuel crunches did my wallet .. and to muscle car resale. In the larger scheme of things, advanced nations require themselves to further control and inhibit demand (price rises) to wean themselves off the dirty oil teat, and to generally convert industry and infrastructure over to non-fossil .. while they can still afford to do so

I think this site below is worth exploring
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Maybe scaremongering (maybe not) but within it contains links to seemingly credible info
    eg: http://www.odac-info.org/bulletin/do...se16-11-04.pdf
    I can understand the logic of trying to switch over the infrastructure while they still have time, and i agree with it. One of the main ways they can do this is to work with the manufacturers so as an alternative resource can be investigated and the infrastructure put in in China, so as they can use it as a blueprint for when the time comes to switch over.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    The powerglide was GM tranny...and it was a 2 speed Here is a link to more info on them
    Jesus Taz, i was trying to sound like I was one of those Muscle car guys that know everything and talk about Holly carbs and that sorta stuff, way to ruin that!

Thread Information