Thread: Geely and Chery Chinese vehicles plan a U.S. market.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah, that's possible that they'll all be made there!

I wonder though- have the Chinese companies adopted the manufacturing methods (or will) they of the Japanese. Now, I don't know a lot about Asian relations, so I could be WAY off..but I don't think the mainland Chinese are too fond of the Japanese at all....so them implementing their best practice techniques might not ever occur...

So that leads me to think that the Chinese may have cheap cars, but they'll never be made as well as GM/the Koreans cars even...that means that after an inital introduction...they'd fade out and die.

That reminds me of a funny story actually...about Daewoos!

I had a friend of mine in High School who's parents had some sort of big dealership. When Daewoo went under, they where left with about 10 of those miserable cars...so what did they do? They couldn't sell them to anyone- Daewoo wouldn't take them back....

So they had a lottery, picked 10 interested employees and had a "crash fest" type of thing..I can't think of the name- where people intentionally crash into each other? Apparently that went over very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithman
    So that leads me to think that the Chinese may have cheap cars, but they'll never be made as well as GM/the Koreans cars even...that means that after an inital introduction...they'd fade out and die.
    A friend of mine is building up a Mopar engine to go in his '73 Valiant Charger, a 400 bigblock stroked to 511cid. The crankshaft is a quality item, an Edelbrock IIRC, and manufactured in China

Thread Information