Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: The official FIFA WorldCup 2006 thread!

England's players seem as weak as plastic forks on a barbeque. Are they supposed to break so easily?? Oh and whats the Argentina/netherlands score? Were getting heavy storms, and the aerial has fallen off the roof !

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    England's players seem as weak as plastic forks on a barbeque. Are they supposed to break so easily?? Oh and whats the Argentina/netherlands score? Were getting heavy storms, and the aerial has fallen off the roof !
    0-0. It's all about done now at 91 mins.

Yeah, 0-0 final. Nothing terribly exciting that I could see, though I didn't catch the entire thing.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much!

It was a pretty dour game really, nothing much to get excited about.

It's not a problem with the players themselves really, it's the management's fault for taking 4 strikers, half or which were nowhere near proper fitness levels. They're obviously being rushed back into playing massively important games when they clearly aren't fit. It's absolute idiocy from Sven, and I'm afraid that'll be his lasting legacy - an era of outstandingly talented footballers who never acheived their full potential due to hopeless management.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Smithman
    Yeah, 0-0 final. Nothing terribly exciting that I could see, though I didn't catch the entire thing.
    Me neither. Don't reckon we missed much.

I got really excited when I saw Holland v Argentina on my wallchart at work this morning, but Holland must have gone home or something, cos the Argies ended up playing some guy called Ned. And it was a rubbishy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    It's absolute idiocy from Sven, and I'm afraid that'll be his lasting legacy - an era of outstandingly talented footballers who never acheived their full potential due to hopeless management.
    I just don't know what to make of it all. I think the whole superstar thing is causing as many problems as it's solving. IMHO, Lennon deserves to start ahead of Beckham, but that could never happen, cos Beckham's this big superstar. The Walcott thing is beyond just about everybody. After Owen's injury, he's almost certainly got to make it on to the pitch before the cup's done with, but he probably won't. So what the bloody hell is he there for?

It's not a problem with the players themselves really, it's the management's fault for taking 4 strikers, half or which were nowhere near proper fitness levels. They're obviously being rushed back into playing massively important games when they clearly aren't fit. It's absolute idiocy from Sven, and I'm afraid that'll be his lasting legacy - an era of outstandingly talented footballers who never acheived their full potential due to hopeless management.
    Hows the guy that was pulled out of school for it, Walcott i think? Hows he doing?

TV returned as soon as the whistle blew. . have to agree, management is hopeless. England, if you think about it, have only scored 4 (Thanks Jack! ) goals in the whole world cup (excluding the Paraguay OG)? Thats pretty poor in my view.
    Last edited by adamfraser; 06-21-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Hows the guy that was pulled out of school for it, Walcott i think? Hows he doing?

TV returned as soon as the whistle blew. . have to agree, management is hopeless. England, if you think about it, have only scored 2 goals in the whole world cup (excluding the Paraguay OG)? Thats pretty poor in my view.
    Erm, 4 actually. 2 against T & T and 2 against Sweden.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Erm, 4 actually. 2 against T & T and 2 against Sweden.
    Whoops, T&T matched slipped my mind.

I can't believe how many cards ahve been show in the SM Vs CdI match
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

OOh come'on i'd rather watch this match then watching England and Trinidad and T get beaten, i think that match was pretty good..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

The only hing that impressed me so far in the english squad was Joe COle's goal...HOLLY *&*^%&^%!!!!
    (also gerrard's against trinidade)
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    The only hing that impressed me so far in the english squad was Joe COle's goal...HOLLY *&*^%&^%!!!!
    (also gerrard's against trinidade)
    I defintly agree, Joe Cole's goal was amazing, abit flukey but still...AMAZING
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    I can't believe how many cards ahve been show in the SM Vs CdI match
    How about Por-Mex yesterday? The tv-guy said on one point: "Well, Nuno Gomes also get's a yellow card and if I'm not mistaking, he has had them all by now..."
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Well since we sucked up this World Cup I am now rooting for The Netherlands. I also agree that the refs have been wearing out their yellow cards.

Thread Information